In "Which Bible? (Updated) Part I," we discovered that Satan has mounted a global effort to change God’s Words. This was his M.O. in the Garden of Eden when he challenged God’s Words to Adam and Eve and said, "Yea, hath God said,...?" And it has not changed since.
We discovered in Part I that the Authorized King James Version of the Bible was and is:
• Translated by the world’s greatest scholars.
• Supported by the vast, vast majority of the original-Greek, handwritten-manuscripts, thus the term, "majority-text."
• Supported by the oldest manuscripts.
• Supported by manuscripts discovered in Greece, Constantinople, Asia Minor, Syria, Alexandria, Africa, Gaul, Southern Italy, Sicily, England, and Ireland, versus the new translations which are derived from a reading found in only one limited area.
• The King James Version is translated from the Textus Receptus, which means "received text." It has been the authority among the redeemed for over 2,000 years!
But Satan is hell-bent on changing the Words.
Adding or subtracting from the Bible is changing God’s Words, and when one understands that all things are created out of God’s Words, changing them is a very bad idea. Deuteronomy 4:2:
Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.
Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.
18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
GodSaidManSaid has received e-mails that state we spend too much time on minor issues concerning different translations, because all the translations are the Word of God. Keep in mind that Satan added one word and a question mark as he began his efforts to deceive Eve and destroy the souls of men. In Genesis 3, Satan said to Eve, "Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?" When you remove hath and the question mark, the passage would read, "Yea, God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden." Research conducted by G.A. Riplinger compared the Authorized King James Version (majority-text) with the New International Version (minority-text) and discovered:
The NIV has 64,098 less words than the KJV. This omission of approximately 10% of the Bible—reduces a typical 1,700 page Bible by 170 pages. ..." [End of quote]
Fifteen entire verses have been omitted.
In 2005, the gender-neutral Today’s New International Version (TNIV) was published. The TNIV and the current NIV are presently being replaced by the updated NIV, of which nearly 5% of the text has been changed.
• Contemporary translations, as a group, have one thing in common: they tend to agree against the KJV in omitting thousands of words, phrases, and verses. They differ in thousands of places from the original. Basically, it’s because they have one thing in common: Westcott and Hort. The two most popular manual editions of the Greek text today, Nestles-Aland and U.B.S. (United Bible Society), really vary little from the Westcott-Hort text.
• NIV, The New International Version, which has infiltrated Christian ranks in dominating proportion, had its beginning in 1965 in Chicago. The translation was funded by the New York International Bible Society. Translators were selected from a long list of denominations, largely from the faculties of seminaries and universities. It was published in September of 1973. Of course its foundation is the work of Westcott and Hort.
• The King James Version is fast becoming a thing of the past. There is a famine!
• First, let’s address the idea that the NIV is easier to read than the King James, therefore justifying its existence. G.A. Riplinger, author of New Age Bible Versions, notes an ease-of- readability formula by Flesch-Kincaid:
The Flesch-Kincaid Research Company’s Grade Level Indicator betrays the strictly black and white nature of the issue showing the new version’s true colors. The KJV ranks easier in 23 out of 26 comparisons. [End of quote]
The first chapter of the first and last books of both the Old and New Testaments were compared. The average grade level required to understand the King James Version was 5th grade, 8th month. The average grade level required to understand the NIV was 8th grade, 4th month.
The King James proves easier to read!
Again, keep in mind that the success of contrary translations has an underlying motivation that is far more serious than most imagine. Remember, we are made out of words—God’s Words. Satan knows it; therefore, from the beginning of time, he has attempted to change the words. There is a satanic conspiracy to change the words in order to destroy blood-bought souls and the way of escape.
As in defense law, Satan’s task is to plant a reasonable doubt and cast a shadow on the absolutes of God’s Word. Satan knows that when there is doubt, the mountain won’t move. Satan knows as James records, "But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord." In other words, your Christianity will not work when there is doubt. Satan is effectively creating doubt and confusion so he can become a counterfeit Christ—the ANTI-CHRIST—and ultimately destroy the souls of men.
There is a new religious teaching presently flooding the earth called the New Age Doctrine, which is not in fact new, but simply a type of Hindu theology. Remember, one day soon, the son of perdition will step into the temple and confess himself to be God. Satan wants to be like God. He needs a unified religious vehicle to take him there—a one-world religious mindset. New Age theology is attempting to draw the world together under the banner of one God, regardless of who he or she is, just as long as it is not the true God of the K.J. Bible and His Christ.
The world is waiting for someone:
• Christianity is waiting for Christ and the great taking up of the church.
• The Jews await the Messiah.
• The Muslims await the twelfth imam.
• The New Agers wait for one known as the "One."
Make no mistake about it—He is on the way.
Consider some of the word changes in the NIV. These changes will make it clear that a conspiracy against the souls of men is afoot. Satan must change the words to make himself God. An evolution is taking place.
Westcott and Hort’s New Age translation, from which comes the NIV, totally omits entire passages and verses of God’s Word.
• For example, the majority-text King James states in Luke 11:2, "When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name." But, the same passage in the NIV says, "When you pray, say: Father, hallowed be your name." Note that in the NIV, the Father is no longer in Heaven. New Age teaching instructs that God is in creation (Mother Earth)—the trees, the rocks, in you, and in me. The Hindu people place a red dot on their forehead which denotes the deity within them. This NIV change fits perfectly.
• Again in the same passage the King James says, "Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth." The NIV omits it entirely.
• All of Christianity, since its inception, has prayed to the Father in Jesus’ name because of verses such as John 14:14: The Majority-text King James Version states, "If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it." The NIV writes, "You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it."
Jesus commands us to pray to the Father and not to Him, in John 16:26-27: "At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you: For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God." Do you think making prayer requests incorrectly might have some significance?
• Believers have secret weapons against the Devil that have phenomenal power to break down his strongest strongholds. Those weapons are fasting and prayer. Isaiah 58:6: "Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?"
Westcott and Hort have expunged the record of this powerful weapon against the Gates of Hell! When Jesus was asked by His disciples why they couldn’t cast out the evil spirit, He replied to them, in Mark 9:29 (KJV), "...This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting." However, the NIV states, "...This kind can come out only by prayer." Note that the secret weapon, "fasting," is conveniently omitted by the NIV in Mark 9:29 and also in Matthew 17:21, Acts 10:30, and I Corinthians 7:5. Does it make sense that Satan would want this weapon to be destroyed?
• The Christian ranks have long warred against the Devil’s temptations using the example Christ Jesus demonstrates in Luke 4:8. The majority-text King James Version reads, "And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve." The NIV reads, "Jesus answered, It is written: Worship the Lord your God and serve him only." "Get thee behind me, Satan:" is totally omitted.
• In the majority-text King James, it reads in Acts 17:22, "Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars’ hill, and said, Ye men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious." Westcott and Hort’s NIV reads, "Paul then stood up in the meeting of the Areopagus and said: ‘Men of Athens! I see that in every way you are very religious.’" Do you see any difference between the words "superstitious" and "religious?"
• In James 4:5, the majority-text King James records, "Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy?" In the minority-text NIV we become victimized by God’s own design. It reads, "Or do you think Scripture says without reason that the spirit he caused to live in us envies intensely?" The carnal spirit that dwells in man is a product of man’s sin and not God’s design. In the NIV, God becomes the reason for man’s sin.
• Hell is geographically located in the bowels of the earth. If you find that funny, take your shovel and begin to dig. After a certain depth, for every foot you dig deeper, the temperature rises. Geologists now claim that the center of the earth is hotter than the surface of the sun. Hell is a place of fire and brimstone, a place of eternal punishment, which is finally cast into the Lake of Fire. There is no reprieve. Hell is a teaching which is central to deliverance. On one occasion I asked an audience of believers how many gave their hearts to Christ to escape Hell’s fire. Seventy-five percent of the hands went up.
The power to resist temptation is mightily enhanced by the fear of eternal Hell fire. The majority-text reads in Revelation 20:14-15, "And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire." In a multitude of places the NIV has changed the name of Hell to Hades. For example, the NIV reads in Revelation 20:14, "Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The Lake of Fire is the second death." Now, the definitions of Hades and Hell are dramatically different.
The Assyrian culture introduced the idea of Hades as an intermediate state. They called it the Happy Fields. The Egyptian Hades was called "Amenti," a place of dreamless sleep. Note, "dreamless sleep." You know from experience that if you’re having a bad dream, it’s almost like being there? So to make Hades absolutely harmless, the Egyptians define it as a place of dreamless sleep. Does this New Age Hell sound like much of a deterrent to sin to you? Satan changes the words to destroy the souls of men. Satan creates confusion and doubt. Remember, he knows that where there is doubt, the mountain won’t move.
• Buddha says, "No origin can be perceived." This teaching facilitates the concept of the Circle of Life. Wouldn’t you know it, Westcott and Hort’s NIV concurs over and over again. For example, the majority-text King James says in Acts 15:18, "Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world." The NIV says, "that have been known for ages." This example is not a remote occurrence. Buddha fits right in.
I think Satan’s capstone of all changes is John 3:16. In the Authorized King James Version, it reads: "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." In the NIV, "his only begotten Son" is removed and replaced with, "his one and only Son." First, God has many sons. Luke 3:38:
Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.
That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.
The NIV’s only cover in the Son issue would be that it capitalized "Son," which has escaped nearly all. But the second issue is even more profound, and it’s concerning the word begotten.
Several years ago, a young brother was seriously considering the translation issue. He suggested (what he had heard) that there wasn’t really any difference in the translations and they were all the Word of God. To demonstrate this error, I asked him to take his NIV, hold it above his head, flip it open randomly, and blindly point to a verse. He followed the instructions and his finger landed on John 3:16. I explained to him the magnitude of the miracle that God had just performed. What were the colossal odds that not only would he have pointed to a verse sporting a major difference, but by my account, the capstone of Satan’s deception? I explained that if Jesus is not the only begotten Son, the plan of salvation is lost.
Consider the following verses, and the Adam-to-Christ comparisons:
11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.
12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
13(For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam’s transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.
15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.
16And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.
17 For if by one man’s offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)
18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
19 For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
I Corinthians 15:45:
And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
I Corinthians 15:22-23:
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ’s at his coming.
The Adam-to-Christ parallels:
• Adam: first and only son of God, formed of the dust of the earth.
• Jesus: first and only begotten Son of God, born of the Holy Ghost and of woman—thus called the Son of man.
• Adam: sinless and immortal.
• Jesus: sinless because He is born of God, but mortal because He is the Son of man.
• Adam: disobeys God’s commandment and sins as he follows Eve, loses immortality, and sells his offspring to the curse of sin and death.
• Jesus Christ: sinless and obedient unto the Father, even unto the cross, where He dies in the flesh and is the Redeemer—or buys back from the curse of sin and death all those who call upon His name.
It is here, at the cross of utter obedience, that Jesus Christ breaks the back of Satan’s argument with God, and makes a way of escape for the sons and daughters of Adam. This Satanic argument is displayed in his conversation with God in the book of Job. Consider the following verses:
8 And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?
9 Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, Doth Job fear God for nought?
10 Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land.
11 But put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse thee to thy face.
3 And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? and still he holdeth fast his integrity, although thou movedst me against him, to destroy him without cause.
4 And Satan answered the LORD, and said, Skin for skin, yea, all that a man hath will he give for his life.
5 But put forth thine hand now, and touch his bone and his flesh, and he will curse thee to thy face.
Satan’s argument is found in the phrase, "Skin for skin, yea, all that a man hath will he give for his life." Satan’s position was that no man would go all the way, even unto death, to obey God. Note that the Scriptures state that, "life is in the blood," and Jesus gave His very blood in obedience unto the Father to redeem the souls of men, destroying Satan’s argument, and spoiling the enemy of our souls.
• Adam: by one man—Adam—came sin and death.
• Jesus: by one man—Jesus Christ, the last Adam—came everlasting life.
• Adam: returned to the dust in death, and his soul went on to judgment at the great White Throne.
• Jesus Christ: rose from the dead to sit at the right hand of God for ever more.
Jesus Christ must be the only begotten Son of God and the Son of man. He is not "...his one and only Son."
Satan is changing the words! I’ve just mentioned a few examples of doubt and deception regarding:
• God’s position in heaven.
• Proper prayer to the Father in Jesus’ name.
• The believers’ secret weapon while praying against Satan—FASTING.
• Warfare against the Devil.
• "Superstitious" becomes "religious."
• Man becomes a victim of God.
• Hell fire and eternal damnation become a place of dreamless sleep.
• According to Westcott and Hort’s NIV, the world never had a beginning.
• The plan of salvation is destroyed.
One final example is Isaiah 14:12 where, in the NIV, Lucifer experiences a name change—from Lucifer to Morning Star—a name reserved for Jesus Christ Himself. The King James writes, "How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!..." The minority-text NIV writes, "How you have fallen from heaven, O morning star, son of the dawn."
Concerning the New Testament, G.A. Riplinger’s research points out that not only do the apostate minority-text manuscripts, Sinaiticus and Vaticanus, disagree with the vast, vast majority, but they also disagree with each other! The 8,000 changes in B and the 9,000 changes in Aleph are not the same changes. When their changes are added together, they alter the majority-text in about 13,000 places.
The changing of God’s Words has literally demolished major foundational Biblical positions. Satan is preparing to confess himself to be God! Westcott and Hort have helped to substantially prepare the way. As it says in the New Testament: Beware of wolves in sheep’s clothing. Beware of the scribes—the book publishers!
This major satanic evolution is taking place right under our very noses. Satan must become God. Evil must become good, even as Isaiah the prophet prophesied. The Word of God declares of Satan in II Thessalonians 2:4, "Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God."
Remember, evil must become good in order for Satan’s surrogate—the son of perdition—to become the false Christ the world will adore. Evil is evolving into good.
• God and His Christ have been thrown out of our schools.
• God has been thrown out of our government.
• If Jesus Christ came incognito and ran for the office of President of the United States of America, He could not get elected.
• If Jesus Christ came incognito to 990 out of 1,000 of the world’s confessing Christian churches, He would be thrown out of their pulpits!
If that sounds ridiculous, think on this: Jesus Christ believes in the Biblical record of a 6,000-year-old earth. That means no evolution of any ilk. He believes in blood redemption, which many churches refer to as slaughterhouse religion. Jesus Christ believes in speaking in new tongues, in laying hands on the sick, and casting out devils. According to Jesus Christ, homosexuality and abortion are gross wickedness. Jesus Christ believes He is returning a second time to receive a blood-washed church unto Himself in the clouds. Jesus Christ would not endorse the work of Westcott and Hort, the NIV, or the rest of their apostate kin. Jesus Christ believes that women should not inhabit the pulpits of His church. Jesus Christ teaches hell-fire and brimstone. Jesus Christ did not teach unconditional love or a God of tolerance. Jesus Christ is not Mr. Milk Toast. I hope you get the idea.
Satan’s demented desire is to destroy blood-bought souls. He has mounted a conspiracy to change God’s Words, which in turn will evolve evil into good and destroy the way of escape.
Authorized King James Version
Lampe, C., Ph.D., The Forbidden Book, insert, 2003
Morris, H., Founder of Institute for Creation Research
New International Version
Riplinger, G.A., Blind Guides, AV Publications, p19
Riplinger, G.A., New Age Bible Versions, AV Publications